Income Qualified Assistance Programs
Please see the programs below to find out how to enroll in income qualifies programs or get assistance paying your utility bill.
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) – Provides a 30-35% discount on your utility bill.
- The Family Electric Rate Assistance Program (FERA) – Bills some of your electricity usage at a lower rate.
- Energy Savings Assistance Program – Provides no-cost weatherization services.
- Discounts, Payment Plans, and Assistance Paying Your Bill – Some utilities offer payment assistance programs for their customers.
- Medical Baseline – Extra allowances of energy are billed at the lowest rate for customers who rely on medical-related equipment.
- Federal Low-Income Programs – Administered by the Department of Community Services and Development (CSD).
- Water Low Income Rate Assistance – Depending on your household income, you may qualify for discounted water services.
For more information on these programs and other assistance programs please click on the logos linked below: